Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who Inspires Me to Dream Big?


My Mondo Beyondo assignment today is to blog about, "Who inspires you to take a chance on your dreams? Whose example challenges you to be more open to your unspoken dreams?" How is this person taking risks?"

Without hesitation, I choose my sister. We grew up in the same house and shared many of the same experiences but while I tend to be the overly-cautious type, my sister, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a problem following her dreams, her intuition, and her vision.

When we were little, my sister used to practice singing and dancing in our garage. She had visions of performing on stage.

After high school she decided she wanted to work on a cruise ship and see the world and she did. Many people (including me) thought she was crazy to spend money on a course to teach her how to be employable on a cruise ship but she packed up her belongings and headed off to Florida and soon she was working on a cruise ship.

Most recently, my sister and her family made the decision to move away to another city to work. Despite the fact that she and her husband had good jobs here and a nice home, my sister had a vision for herself and her family and they decided to pursue it. It was a bold move. I am inspired by her courage and her conviction. One of the things I admire most about my sister is her ability to listen to her own heart instead of the opinions of other people. She also excels at encouraging others to follow their dreams.

My sister never asks "why?", she always asks, "why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment