Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I *Heart* Seth Godin

Seth Godin’s new book was released today.  It hasn’t arrived at our library yet but when it does, I will be first to get it because I’ve had a hold on that book for months.

Linchpin

If I could sit down and talk to anyone in the world over coffee, I would have to choose Seth Godin and I’m not the only one.  Seth Godin writes the most popular marketing blog on the web, is the author of 10 bestselling books and was named "the Ultimate Entrepreneur for the Information Age" by Business Week.  Seth’s complete bio can be found here.

Seth is one of those original thinkers who always seems to be ahead of the pack with his inspiring ideas.

Recently, while driving home after work, I caught a podcast interview with Seth Godin on CBC radio.  It was so interesting, I hardly remember the drive home.  I watched his TED talks while at home so as not to endanger other drivers.

“My definition of art contains three elements:

  1. Art is made by a human being.
  2. Art is created to have an impact, to change someone else.
  3. Art is a gift. You can sell the souvenir, the canvas, the recording... but the idea itself is free, and the generosity is a critical part of making art.

By my definition, most art has nothing to do with oil paint or marble. Art is what we're doing when we do our best work.” ~Seth Godin

Are you creating art?  Why not?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment