Friday, October 23, 2009

A Warm Bowl of Soup Makes Me Happy

Photo credit:  StockXchange

It’s cold outside.   A lot colder than it usually is in October. Yesterday I watched it snow on and off throughout the day. I kept going back to the window to watch it.  It would snow for a bit and then the sun would break through the clouds and light up all the tiny blowing flakes and then it would stop for a while, only to start up again later.

A lot of people in my part of the world are feeling hard done by. Our summer was chilly and wet, hardly a summer at all, and now the snow is flying in October. I, on the other hand, am feeling something else. I am feeling lucky.  OK  … yes … it’s cold outside but I am thankful to have a warm house to enjoy.  So many don’t. I have lots of food and really everything I need and a lot more.

The fact that it’s grey and chilly outside just makes me more thankful to be inside enjoying a warm bowl of soup with my littlest one.  It’s going to be a long winter so it’s time to make a choice right at the outset.  Am I going to wish most of the year away, dreaming about summer, or am I going to focus on all the wonderful, joyful experiences happening everyday in my life right now?  I think you know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment